Bulandshahr violence: Slain police officer Subodh Kumar’s cell recovered, search on for pistol

LUCKNOW: In a sizable development, the Uttar Pradesh Police on Sunday recovered the cell telephone of Subodh Kumar, the slain police officer who was killed during the violence within the Bulandshahr district of Uttar Pradesh in December final 12 months.

4 arrested for Bulandshahr cop killing, CM Yogi to take stock of law and order | Latest News India - Hindustan Times

According to information organization ANI, the slain police inspector’s cellular phone was recovered from the house of one of the accused in the Bulandshahr violence case.

However, the UP Police officials are accomplishing a search to find the deceased police officer’s provided revolver.

“Information became obtained through assets approximately the place of the cellular telephone of the deceased policeman Subodh Kumar. We’ve recovered the cellphone after a search operation in the vicinity. A probe is underway. Search for the pistol remains underway,” Atul Srivastav, SP City, told ANI,

Inspector Subodh Kumar and a neighborhood youth had been allegedly killed by a violent mob during the clashes that broke out in Bulandhshar on December 3, 2018, over suspicion of cow slaughter inside the location.

The police officer was shot in the head, and a nearby teen named Sumit was also killed during the clashes.

A video of the slain cop lying on the ground close to his police jeep with bullet injuries on his face went viral on social media rapidly after the clashes had erupted between the protesters and police.

The UP Police later arrested Yogesh Raj- a Bajrang Dal activist – concerning Inspector Subodh’s killing during the December 3 clashes.

The police arrested over 35 people in the case, which include Army jawan Jeetender Malik, Prashant Nat, who allegedly shot the inspector dead, and Kalua, who had attacked him with an axe.

An FIR was registered at Siyana Police Station, naming 27 people and 50 to 60 unidentified human beings for the violence.

A BJP Yuva Morcha chief, believed to be one of the key accused in the Bulandshahr violence case, Shikhar Aggarwal, was also arrested from Hapur, Uttar Pradesh.

According to police, Shikhar was allegedly involved in instigating the mob, which went on a rampage on December 3, killing the police officer and setting on the hearth a police post and some cars.

On January 14, the National Security Act was invoked against seven accused held inside the December 3 cow slaughtering case in Bulandshahr.


I have been working in the field of SEO and content marketing since 2014. I have worked with over 500 clients and more than 100 websites. I started blogging in 2012 and have now made my first steps into the world of freelancing. In my spare time, I like to read, cook or listen to music.